FOOD RECIPES MADE WITH CBD
BBQ CHICKEN PASTA
- 4 strips bacon cut into small pieces
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 2 cups cooked chicken chopped or shredded
- 1 tablespoon of your favorite CBD oil or tincture.
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 (10 fluid ounce) can Ro-tel diced tomatoes & green chilies with juices
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce use your favorite
- 1 cup shredded mozza/cheddar blend
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta
Boil a salted pot of water for your pasta and cook al dente according to package directions. Meanwhile, cut the bacon up into small pieces (I use kitchen shears to do this quickly) and fry over medium-high heat in a skillet until crispy.
Take the bacon out of the pan and remove it to a paper towel lined plate. Leave about 1 tablespoon of the bacon fat in the pan.
Sauté the onion in the remaining bacon grease for about 4 minutes, until it starts to soften. Add the red pepper in and continue cooking for another few minutes.
Add in the chicken broth, CBD oil and diced tomatoes. Scrape up the brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
Reduce the heat to medium and stir in the chicken, bacon, and BBQ sauce. Let it warm through.
Stir in the cheese just before serving (or sprinkle it on top and cover the pan and let it melt or put it under the broiler for a few minutes if you’re using an oven-safe skillet). Season with extra salt & pepper if needed. Toss with the drained pasta and serve immediately.