FOOD RECIPES MADE WITH CBD
GRILLED RIB-EYE STEAK WITH MUSHROOMS
- 4 boneless rib-eye steaks, eahcabotu 12 ounces and 1 1/4 inches thick
- 4 teaspoons Diamond CBD olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces pancetta, cut into 1/4-inch dice (about 2/3 cup)
- 12 ounces large cremini mushrooms cleaned, stem ends, trimmed ad sliced 1/2 thick
- 1 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 to large garlic cloves, minced or pushed through a press
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves, or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
1. To prevent flare-ups, trim the fat along the edge of each rib-eye to no more than 1/4 inch. Rub both sides of each steak with the oil, then season evenly with the salt and pepper. Let the steaks stand at room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes to warm slightly. This step helps them cook more evenly.
2. Meanwhile, prepare the grill for direct cooking over high heat (450 to 550 degree F). brush the cooking grates clean. Place a large cast-iron griddle or skillet over direct heat on half the grill, close the lid, and preheat for 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Grill the steaks on the grates over direct high heat, with the lid closed, until they have nice grill marks and are cooked medium rare (125 degree F), 6 to 8 minutes, turning once or twice. Transfer the steaks to a platter and let rest while you prepare the mushrooms.
4. While grilling the steaks, if a flare-up occurs that lasts longer than a few seconds, slide the steaks, to a cool section of the grill and wait for the fire to burn down before moving the back.
5. Add the oil and pancetta to the griddle and cook until the pancetta is lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the mushrooms, spreading them out in an even layer, and cook, with the lid closed as much as possible, until seared golden brown and tender 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Now add the capers, garlic and thyme and stir until the garlic is fragrant, 30 to 60 seconds. Remove from the heat. Season to taste with salt and pepper if needed. Divide the steaks among four servings plates and top with the mushroom mixture. Drizzle with any accumulated juices from the platter. Garnish with the parsley and serve.